Florida Bail Fund
What is the Florida Bail Fund?
The Florida Bail Fund @ Florida Justice Center supports protesters on the front lines in the fight against racism, homophobia, sexism, transphobia, mass incarceration, police brutality, and the criminalization of poverty.
We pay bail for, and provide free criminal defense representation to, those who cannot afford it and who are striving to make society a better, more just, and equitable place for all people.
As a nationally recognized leader in Florida supporting the Justice for George Floyd and Black Lives Matters protests in 2020, Florida Bail Fund has assisted dozens of arrested demonstrators. Now, we are aiding those fighting for women’s rights in light of the leaked Supreme Court opinion overturning Roe v. Wade.
Florida Bail Fund is a registered DBA of Florida Justice Center.
Actions the Florida Bail Funds Supports
The Florida Bail Fund assists individuals with free bail assistance and criminal defense representation when arrested as part of a social justice protest action. Examples of some actions supported by the Florida Bail Fund include those addressing:
Our vision is for a fair and equitable Florida for people seeking a second chance. By providing support to, and protection for, those fighting for equal rights, Florida Justice Center is working toward that goal.
Florida Bail Fund in the News
- Vogue: The Minnesota Freedom Fund Has Raised $20 Million. Here Are Other Organizations Bailing Out Protesters
- Rolling Stone: Here’s Where You Can Donate to Help Protests Against Police Brutality
- Marie Claire: Justice for Tony McDade
- Black Lives Matter Syllabus: 43 Bail Funds You Can Support Right Now
- Elite Daily: Donate To These Bail Funds To Support The Fight For Racial Justice
- WMNF: Statement by WMNF Board of Directors supporting Black Lives Matter protests
- Take Blaction: Support organizations fighting for change
- Highsnobiety: A List of Organizations That Are Bailing Out Protesters